Zero Emissions Transportation Forum: Come Learn About Zero Emissions Electric and Hydrogen Vehicles and Infrastructure!
Did you know:
Numerous cities around the world are banning the sale of fossil fuel vehicles
2,000 hydrogen vehicles are currently plying the highways and byways of California
New $35,000 electric cars from General Motors and Tesla that go more than 230 miles on a charge
Hydrogen filling stations are currently being built in Massachusetts
Annual growth rates of electric charging stations was 72% in 2016
Annual growth in electric car sales was 60% in 2016
There are more than 2 million electric vehicles on the road globally
Join us on November 16 to learn how to take part in one of the massively disruption transformations now taking place in the transportation industry since the Model T! Learn all about practical zero emission vehicles now available and the massive infrastructure investments currently underway from two experts in their fields. We are pleased to have Roy Bant of Air Liquide who is responsible for building out hydrogen filling stations in the Northeastern United States, a joint effort between Air Liquide and Toyota. We are also very pleased to be joined by Barry Woods of ReVision Energy who is responsible for ReVision’s electric charging system sales and installation business.
Registration and Reception
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Enjoy sumptuous food, fabulous drinks and great company at the Regency at 20 Milk Street in Portland. The evening begins with a registration and reception, with an all you can eat catered meal including:
- Maine Crabmeat Dip served with French Bread and Crackers
- Smoked Salmon, Tomatoes, Capers. Onions and French Bread
- Chicken Saltimbocca Marinated with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Wrapped in Prosciutto
- Crostini with Sliced Rare Tenderloin, minced Red Onion and Horseradish Sauce
- Asparagus and Brie in a Phyllo Cup
- Vegetable Spring Roll with Sweet and Sour Sauce
Industry Expert Presentations
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. - Roy Bant, Hydrogen Energy Business Development Manager, Northeast, Air Liquide
Roy will provide a presentation covering:
- The joint Toyota – Air Liquide development of hydrogen fueling stationsand infrastructure in the Northeastern United States
- Legislation including the 8 State Zero Emission Vehicle Memorandum of Understanding and Federal Chapter 177 requiring Zero Emission Vehicle Credits
- A review of the Hyundai, Toyota and Honda fuel cell electric vehicles currently available for lease and purchase in the United States
- Overview of Hydrogen Station Safety standards, designs and protocols
- Conceptual design and engineering details of a hydrogen filling station
7:30 – 8:00 p.m. – Barry Woods, Director of Electric Vehicle Innovation, ReVision Energy
Barry will provide a presentation covering:
- Present data on U.S. Plug-in Electric Vehicles by Model
- Review new high performance and range electric vehicles being introduced
- Discuss the accelerating transportation market disruption being driven by electric vehicles
- Review number of plug-in electric vehicles in Maine
- Present the number and types of EV charging sites in Maine
- Review regulatory and utility policies and incentives on electric vehicles and charging stations
- Discuss recommendations for EV policies and incentives in Maine
- Cover utility policies and implications for EV’s
- Review the potential for a regional direct current fast charger charging network
- Discuss the potential to capture funding from the VW Settlement and Tesla for building out EV infrastructure
8:00 - 8:30 - Joint Speaker Question and Answer
Hydrogen Energy Business Development Manager, Northeast
Mr. Bant is the Hydrogen Energy Business Development Manager for the Northeast USA for Air Liquide. Hydrogen is more widely being used for charging vehicles and fork trucks at larger distribution companies. Vehicles and forklifts charged with hydrogen are the future. Hydrogen can also be produced with renewable energy which makes it more exciting. Mr. Bant has enjoyed a diversified career in the industrial and propane gas industries. As of 2015, Mr. Bant has spent 25 years in the gas business, including 15 years in Sales and 10 in Engineering and Project Management.
Director of Electric Vehicle Innovation
As Director of Electric Vehicle Innovation at ReVision Energy, Mr. Woods provides sales, marketing and business development expertise to assist companies and consumers in making the right decisions when it comes to charging infrastructure and complementary renewable energy technology (solar, storage, energy management systems). Mr. Woods’ passion is to make electricity the next dominant transportation fuel and in the process achieve sustainable energy independence and grid modernization. Mr. Woods is involved in EV policy and advocacy in a variety of capacities, including: Director of Plug In America and co-founder of Drive Electric Maine.
Electric vehicles are emerging as a real option to consider, with Tesla’s Model 3 and General Motor’s Bolt offering electric cars which go more than 230 miles on a charge and are priced around $35,000. New businesses are pursuing electric charge station installation and operation. The cost to operate an electric car is extremely low, with fuel costing about one cent per mile and maintenance costs drastically cut back over standard internal combustion vehicles.
More than 3,000 hydrogen fuel cell cars are being driven every day around the world, with more than 2,000 fuel cell electric vehicles currently operating in California. With zero tailpipe emissions, upwards of 600 mile range on a fill-up and 5 minute refueling time, the introduction of fuel cell electric vehicles in New England next year offers a tantalizing transportation option.